2. What counts for the "Pre-existing assets that were not created specifically for the contest" clause of rule 1 of the official rules?
This clause is mainly focused on allowing people to use pre-existing assets such as RPG Maker resource packs, Unity Store assets, Unity Frameworks, RPG Maker Plugins, and similar items that are publicly available, for purchase or for free.
It does also include materials that you had made for a previous project, as long as you can prove that it was not made for the IGMC project. An example of proof would be:
- A previously released game containing the material.
- Old posts (Pre-IGMC 2018 announce) on forums/blogs that clearly show that it was made for another project.
So, my question:
1) Can I use default tileset and characters that I own RPG Maker MV and previous for this competition?
2) I still can use my previous project for this competition?