2 days left!
I got the Dialog system working but the 9 sliced object does not behave like a regular object. Even Pinning that object does not work for strange reasons.
Pretty sure this has to do with pinning objects and Game Object Behavior.
On a completely different note - there's just a day or two more remaining on this gamejam and Im happy I got to learn how to even build a game in Construct 3. I appreciate all the help from the construct forums and the itch forums. I will continue working on this project and moved the dev blog over to http://devilsworkshop.tumblr.com/
So to reevaluate I am so happy I got to learn the following things
- Setting up a scene in C3
- Create a fade element that fades over time
- Creating Player Controls for an asymmetric character
- Pinning shadows to moving objects
- Creating collisions
- Importing video into a layout
- creating trigger conditions to hide unhide objects
- Animating a character's movement using *delta-time
- Creating a functioning HUD
- First lessons on optimization - learning to use Background tiles
- Creating objects with multiple animation cycles within them
- Battling Z Order monster and taming that beast
- Adding text to the game
- Assigning special keystrokes to perform actions
- Working with layer effects - adding a retro filter to the game
- Adding Lights
- Creating Save Points
Thanks for staying tuned and congrats to the folks who have finished their game! Hat's off to the organizers of this fun gamejam! If it weren't for you guys I would have not explored making solo games as an option - cheers!