Neon Tail - Devlog 01 (March 10th, 2018)
A lot of things are happening lately. I’ve laid down several courses for the project to take depending on our situation. But beside preparing documents, plannings and other stuff indirectly related to the game content, I improved several basic control details, actually changing a lot to the playing feels.
- The grinding control, feels and orientation.
- The jumping has a smart animation selection, avoiding flips when detecting walls.
- Added slight aerial control, making a tremendous difference in combo difficulty.
- Wallrides are now separated into 2 states : classic wallride, with gravity pull and no control over direction and Boosting wallride.
- Added a mockup of the residential area, preparing a whole new environment workflow as given the size of the levels, the usual way won’t make it. (back to the ugly checker environment for now, but we’re working on it!)
- As usual, lots of miscellaneous bugs fixed.