Here's a quick almost-clear. It's fun. Great presentation all around. The stage 2 theme is sick.
Some issues :
- Life up items spawn inside walls.
- Weird homing shot behaviour when walls are involved.
- Wall turret hitboxes/placement that exacerbates the above point (02:25 in the video).
- Level 2 midboss safe spot.
- Blue missiles are hard to see.
General thoughts :
- The lack of aimed bullets encourages a game of find-the-safespot (of which there are plenty, see level 2) rather than shoot-the-enemy.
- May just be my bad reflexes, but the attacks move too fast, I have a hard time using the shield because of this.
- The first boss' green projectile wall attack has so much RNG that I never know if it'll be near impossible to dodge or easy.
- Didn't find much use for the spread shot, while laser and homing have their own niche and fill it well.
- The bosses are pure memorization, which got really frustrating due to the game's arcade nature. Otherwise they are a highlight, a lot of fun to fight with great, varied movesets. A boss rush/practice mode would solve this issue for me.