1. Hi there! What's your name? Want to introduce yourself?
Hey my name is Luke Costello. I'm finally have have the courage and tenacity to start making games like I have always wanted to.
2. Did you participate in the last jam we held? If so, what do you plan on doing better this time? If not, what's your reason for joining?
This is my first game jam. I've heard about them but never knew how to get involved. I found itch while watching a Mark Brown video of him reviewing games made on it for a game jam he had.
3. What games are your favorites? Did any of them inspire you, or made you want to make your own?
Pretty much everything Shigiru Miyamoto and Johnathan Blow. I probably have spent more time playing video games than just about anything else. My favorite game of all time has to be Super Smash brothers (4 is my favorite). I like games that bend your spatial and temporal reasoning like Fez, Tri of friendship and madness, Puzzle Dimension, and Portal.
4. Do you have experience with game development? What did you do/with what engine?
I have 2 games under development one on Game Maker the other on Java. I went to school for Computer Engineering for 2 years but most of the things I've learned have been self taught.
5. Tell us about something you're passionate about!
Other than Smash bros? probably puzzles, both of the games I have in development are puzzle games that are about spacial reasoning.
6. What are your goals for this game jam?
To put myself out there, to be able to go "see Im a game developer, look here is a game that I have developed"
7. Any advice to new jammers (if you're a veteran)?