Very cute! Thanks for making this bite sized little adventure! I love the pixel-work and the character designs!
My only personal gripes (if you ever make another game like this maybe?):
• The camera moving pixel-by-pixel I guess makes sense for 1x Resolution but it had my eyes hurting in 3x and Full Screen.
• The framerate while clearly intentional felt very jarring imo but that could just be my desire for 60fps in all games.
• Ladders being platforms often caught me off guard during gameplay and ruined my flow.
I loved the game though! Can't wait to see what else you can make!
Thank you very much!! I'm glad you liked it. About the gripes. I did hear all of those from friends as I was making it and did intend to address all of them before releasing it but-
- The camera gave me a lot of trouble from start to finish. I mostly tested the game at 1x resolution and definitely was aware it wasn't as clean beyond that but wasn't sure how to really fix that. It's definitely something I'd like to work on if I make another game.
- I didn't realize until pretty late into the project how to change the game from 30 to 60fps and by that point it'd mean going through every single line of code to accommodate the change in fps. Again, next time I plan to set it as 60fps from the start to save myself the trouble.
-Ladders I was just lazy. No real excuse there lol. I'll keep that in mind though for the future!