so far only found a few bugs:
1: going into the cave to the north (windows version on win7) causes blackscreen with "loading" happening and save symbol at top flashing. left it there for approx 5 minutes, nothing happening.
2: at the end of the tutorial (where tutorial dude gets munched), if you "rescue" that dude by killing the zombie before he get to the dude, the game is stuck. you can still look around and shoot things, but you can not move or do anything else.
- also, it apparently "deleted" my safelile. after restarting the game (alt+f4), i had to start from the beginning.
- pretty sure the above problem did the same, but as i did it right at the start, i'm not sure if it even saved in the first place.
3: when building a tower, the rotation is ignored. (tried to place a tower with the ladder facing forward. tower always faces backwards.)
some issues i found:
- the hordes are very frequent. exploring the map might be problematic, as you have to return to your base to defend the attack, so you can't really go anywhere.
- placing things with the controler seems to be flimsy from time to time. ex: placing a tower on a specific tile. you have to use the right stick on the controller to not "wanky" it. then pressing A is kinda hard, unless you hold down the right stick with the left hand, and then fiddling around with the controller.
- apparently finite fuel. it's no fun when you can't make fuel on your own in any way. maybe a 200 - ressource - pumpjack, like unturned had it? (so far have not played too much, never got to any gas station)
- towers don't have a big range. placing a tower on the top left corner in the camp (inside) doesn't allow it to shoot the zombies on the right. so i have to go out and deal with them myself, instead of entrusting the safety of my base to some random chick i just found.
- repairing (is it even there?). zombies will munch on my wall. there's the issue that apparently you can't repair walls, just upgrade them. and i don't know how much durability is left on them. how can i be sure that my high level steel wal isn't going to burst by the next rotten shambler?
- UI-annoyance: especially when playing solo, the boxes in the corners (press X to join) can be a bit annoying at times. i get it, i don't have any extra controllers and(or friends. you don't have to rub it in my face 24/7. can't you just disappear after maybe 15 seconds or so?
- camera rotation. especially useful when trying to place towers directly into the corner of walls, being able to know how far exactly away they are might be useful. but meh
and last but not least: online-multiplayer?
4 people always in the same location is surely fun, but we can't divide workload. everyone has to do the same thing (defend, explore, etc). if we have multiple people, at least let some of them explore the map while the others defend the camp.
after all, great game, great concept, lots of potential. cute graphics, maybe not enough blood, but fun nonetheless (until your base gets inevitably mawled by zambros). would've wished for more survivors though, i'd like to place 4 towers at the corner and just set off trying to get the goal stones :D