Gamepad support would be great.
Earlier somebody commented about the difficulty of leveling up a new recruit and I agree... one of my original three got killed, everybody was level 5 or so, and the level 1 replacement was pretty much useless.
Spent another hour playing and I have a few more comments to add. I can't see earlier posts while writing this reply so some of this has probably already been mentioned (or you've fixed it already, sounds like a lot of UI tweaks have taken place), but in no particular order:
- When there are about six units active (friendlies + enemies) the info boxes at the top go off-screen and I didn't see any way to scroll. It's also often tricky to discern between enemy robots and any robot units in my group (insert pixel-art grumpiness here).
- Inventory is only a single line and doesn't scroll. My robot had a bunch of items that it couldn't use (health regen) and it also had oil, but I couldn't select the oil.
- Similarly, if I can't use health packs with a robot or oil with a human, I shouldn't be able to assign them in inventory. (Doubt this is news to you but just in case.)
- I think it was mentioned, but weapon reassignment is a must. Class reassignment would be nice but doesn't feel as necessary.
- It isn't clear to me what it means when "my" level increases (versus my team). I guess that opens up higher difficulty missions?
- It took me awhile to figure out the little star meant I had level-up skill points to assign. I'd probably go with an up-arrow, maybe even animated.
I hope it's sufficiently successful that you decide to release an HD-graphics reboot! :)