Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Looking for people to team up for the game jam

A topic by Lolsebca created Sep 02, 2021 Views: 244 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted

Hello, I'm Lolsebca (genderfluid, he/him).

I heard about the Yuri Game Jam after learning about the Yaoi Game Jam, in which I participated. (https://lolsebca.itch.io/touhou-eastern-stored-feelings)

I'm mostly a writer, I even decided to major in theater as a college student for the sake of becoming an author.

But I also try my hands at other crafts, like music (https://soundcloud.com/lolsebca), drawing, singing/voice acting, and game development is a great way for me to use some dimensions of art. I find envisioning every aspect of a narration better to find inspiration.

I just learned a bit of Ren'Py by completing a game by myself.

I want to create a game for the Yuri Game Jam, whose basic pitch is there's this college vehicles (or motors, don't know exactly yet) club in Japan, and the mecha-CGI otaku female protagonist gets to befriend 3-4 girls among the cast. Those 3-4 girls all have their routes, perhaps each a bad end and a good end. Because there are vehicles, I'm hesitating between having assets be drawn or CGI. To get an idea of the scale, I'm thinking of 8k words per good route, and maybe 6k words per bad route, so 56k words at most, for a playtime of 3h? Though it may vary depending on the scenario. As for pricing, I was thinking of a freeware project, therefore there's not really a budget.

If this game project gives you some ideas, I'm looking for people to work together. I can provide: the scenario; the music; the coding; the character designs. I'm mostly looking for visual artists, but if you want to co-write or compose the music, or voice-act or sing an opening song, I'm open for anything. It's really some project I want to give my best, which probably actually isn't a whole lot, but the feeling is there.

Hi! I don't know if you're still looking for artists or not-- I haven't done much in terms of game experience, but I specialize in drawing characters & I have a little bit of knowledge working with images in ren'py if necessary! My portfolio is here: samlimvarquez.carrd.co

Submitted

First off, thanks for the reply. I'm a true beginner when it comes to game dev too. I'm open for cooperation, but I don't know if your style corresponds to what I think I'd be going for. You see the style of Yuu Kamiya (NGNL, E.A.r.T.h, Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi), or that of the character artstyle in the ef : a tale of memories / melodies? I'm more into the moe artstyle, is what I wish to convey. I do find your work stunning for what it's going for, nonetheless!

As for image manipulations in Ren'Py, I have to say the GUI and the loading of sprites before text boxes are things I know for sure I'll struggle with. If it comes to that, may I contact you?