Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Obligatory Update Thread (hope it's okay)

A topic by lemongreen created Jun 27, 2021 Views: 118 Replies: 1
Viewing posts 1 to 2

Hey all. If anyone else wants to share their ideas or what they have going on, feel free to. I just wanted to share my idea (plus have a place to post updates since I haven't fully settled on a title, yet)

I possibly could just work on the game I did for 2016 (that feels so long ago now) which I may still since it's had a lot changed since then, but I doubt I'll complete it in that time. Instead, what I plan on really focusing on is a crafting/farming game with more of a friendship theme than romance (though I'm sure people could read romance into it, anyway) 

I'm already planning on only putting in 2 guys (not counting the player) for now, and I'm leaning towards making it mostly quest based, with each guy having different likes and dislikes (If I have time I may even add a way for the player to choose theirs at the start of the game along with naming the character)

I haven't decided on whether I'll be mapping out a town or just leaving it as a sort of visual novel style (on my todo list I have it that I will map it out, though I think that's more as long as the framework for everything comes together, Visual novel would be slightly easier with such a small scope, though I also want to have a shop the player can access)

I'm leaning towards not having combat, though if there is it'll probably be fairly simple; either a front view system or an ABS.  

I'm going with using a fairly simplistic pixel art style for the graphics (I'm used to using RPG Maker, and I thought the DS/Fez packs would work fairly well for this. I may edit the character sprites to be just a bit taller, though) I did mess with them a bit, though didn't edit anything yet. I haven't settled on any of the characters, and may just edit them myself.

Just to be clear, I'm not asking for help (don't really do well in teams, not really sure why)  Though, I do have some UIs I've done if that's useful to anyone. I also have a mic (unfortunately I'm female, though I'm about in a soprano range so I could possibly sound like a young male) Unfortunately, I don't have any recording with my current mic, but I do have a Casting Call Club profile.

Slight change of plans; I may need some help. I think I can handle it, though with everything else going on right now that may not be the best course. 

The problem is I don't feel all that confident in my drawing ability. Like said, I can probably handle it and even have stand ins made using Mannequin (They're still not quite right, but they look a little less generic than the ones that come with RPG Maker's packs)  I have added some more characters, but I could probably get away with only having the 2 guys I mentioned (and even down to about 2-3 emotions) if I really have to. If anyone's interested I'd be open to trading since I know how long art can take. I can help write (depending on the content; there are some things that make me uncomfortable) As I mentioned above, I can kind of do UIs (I'm not exactly that great at implementing them and I need to work a bit on creating them) I've also tinkered a bit with Ren'Py so I do know how the coding for that works, even though I haven't done much with it. I'm not going to be able to code anything from scratch, but I do know how it's setup and how to setup a game using it.

I added the character sprites and stand in art to the design doc if anyone want to take a look ( it's available here; it's still a bit of a mess and I don't have everything in it yet)  

My Discord is lemongreen#3095 if anyone is interested. Thanks for reading, even if you can't help. I hope your projects go well.