SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Submission's out / My thoughts on the Jam

A topic by ArcticCerf created Jan 19, 2020 Views: 135 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Submitted(+1)

Heya,

So, I've submited my game and I thought maybe I could share my thoughts on what I think about the jam.

I'm not entirely happy with the game I made. I think it could look and play way better if I just had more time. But even though the product isn't how I imagined it I learned a lot of things during this jam. It was a great experience that actually gave me one opportunity, I haven't had before: ACTUALLY FINISHING A GAME. Feels great :D

The topic was really well thought-out since it was really open while still giving the Jam a general theme. Also it gave me a lot of ideas for a potential full game with the ideas I got during this Game Jam. Furthermore the Wowie Resources made everything a lot more easier and fun, because you could concentrate on the things you CAN do instead of having to worry about sounds and music.

Also here's a link to my game ( If anyone is curios.  )
https://jonasbrot.itch.io/nocollision

tl;dr; The Jam was great :)

Host

Nice. Happy to hear that. Thank you. :)

Just tested your game for a bit and think it's definitely something to be proud of. Looks and feels very nice to play. Well done. 

Submitted

Hey. I just played your game and I personally think that it is very fun. :D My experience was exactly the opposite of yours. I had way too much time left because I literally had no funny level ideas anymore and so I spent most of my time polishing the game instead of creating exciting gameplay. Your gameplay is exciting and hooked me from the start. Good job, fellow creator !

Submitted

Wow, this is an awesome game! Really solid feel, and great idea. Congrats!!