Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Concept Pitch

A topic by LoveRhombus created Dec 05, 2021 Views: 116 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 2

Hey everyone!

I'm new to making games in Ren'py as well as jams in general, so please bear with me if I sound like a complete dumbass at times XDj

So I got to thinking about how I could make the winter theme interesting. The first thing that came to my mind was the holidays, appropriately enough for this time of year, yes? I was trying to think of what hadn't exactly been done; y'know, if there were any avenue of Christmas lore that hadn't quite been explored. So, one idea that came to my mind was "hmmm, how do elves become elves?". That's when it hit me. I could create an academy in which elves learn to perform in Santa's workshop!

So the general pitch of this project is: you're a fledgling elf who recently enrolled in the academy with the dream of becoming a head elf one day. On each day, you take classes and decide what to do with your spare time. You'll meet other students and help them through their own problems in order to increase their joy and make them more capable elves.

I realize it's quite a rough concept, but well yeah. Sorta the point. My goal for the jam isn't so much to make something shippable, but rather to get a blueprint of a game together and see if I can't get it off the ground.

Look forward to working with you all!

(By the by, is there any chance we might get a Discord server going for this jam? Would make communication much easier, I feel.)

Host
(By the by, is there any chance we might get a Discord server going for this jam? Would make communication much easier, I feel.)

As written in the jam's page, there is already a Discord server you can join to chat with other visual novel developers.

Thank you for your interesting in the Winter VN Jam. I hope this response helps to answer your questions.

Sorry, I missed that. Thank you!