SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Bug fixes

A topic by MjrSpieler created Nov 30, 2021 Views: 396 Replies: 12
Viewing posts 1 to 5
Submitted

Hi!

Are bug fixes allowed now, before the contest results are summed up?

Submitted

Rule 11: After the game jam is over, your game can be hosted on itch indefinitely - but starting with December 1st, you can only update your game with translations, accessibility features and bug fixes. No content updates, expansion packs or sequels will be allowed.

Not an official, but sounds like a vote of confidence to me!

Submitted

Yeah, kind of :) But it really depends on the definition of the game jam being over. It's possible (and would be quite logical IMO) that it's not allowed to make any changes to the submitted games now, until the results are in.

Submitted(+1)

I'd like to bump this, because I had a question on "making changes past December 1st." Does that mean that today we could also add content? I submitted the last half of my game blind without proofreading to meet the deadline, but if I was allowed to polish some more that'd be great! Regardless, being able to fix bugs and typos would also be welcome.

Submitted

Oh boy, would grammar fixes and similar improvements be a no-no? :o

Host(+3)

It's exactly as it's said in the rules. You can add bugfixes (which includes fixing typos), accessibility options and translations indefinitely, but you cannot add any extra content unrelated to reasons above starting from tomorrow. Only games uploaded until yesterday count in the jam, but we left one day window for last minute content adds and fixes.

Submitted

Oh. That's nice!

One last question: which timezone should we refer to when checking if "tomorrow" has/hasn't arrived yet?

(1 edit)

"Only games uploaded until yesterday count in the jam, but we left one day window for last minute content adds and fixes."

That one day window really got us. I thought we had one more day until I saw a post saying they also were too late. The text says we have "one month exactly"... it's still november here. 

+ I concur on the "timezone thing". This is confusing  :/

Host

Hey Danicob, everything was clear in the rules - the timer was pinned to the top of the game jam, consistently showing hours, minutes and seconds left to submit your game to the contest. The timer was set in CET, counting until Central European midnight, as this is the timezone we operate in. 

The rules said that content cannot be added starting from December 1st, without specifying the timezone - meaning that you could still add your content to already submitted games if in your timezone it was November 30th.  But the game would have to be submitted to the contest by then - there's no option on Itch to change deadline depending on the timezone, the timer always goes down to the shared time for everyone.

Submitted

Hey outstar,
we're not (well, I'm definitely not) attacking or something :) Just wanted to clarify a thing I wasn't really sure about. That one-day interval was super-useful, but I wasn't really sure we had it (sorry about that).
Anyway, thanks a lot for your reply and for being here to help us, not to mention the jam itself!

(2 edits)

Sorry, I didn't mean to attack you or the rules or anything. I'm exhausted, and english is'nt my native language.

But honestly, the way it works was'nt that clear for us.
I've looked the rules once, understood we had one month and then, we worked with that in mind.

Submitted

Fabulous! Thank you for the clarification!!! 馃槉

Submitted

Would adding a voice-over for already summited existing dialogue lines be considered additional feature (not allowed) or accessibility option (allowed)?