Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Polyhell devlog!

A topic by Teascade created Jan 21, 2017 Views: 180 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Jam Host (1 edit)

I'm joining #VertexJam with a bullethell pretty much, but what is an interesting goal I want to achieve, is that I want to make all the enemies travel with a destined mathematical equation! Then you could literally just plug any equation there, and it would just be used to calculate their position on the x-axis :D

I just got sick though, so we'll see how this goes, It's pretty likely that I won't be able to finish this game due time because of it :(

I'm trying to make the game with UnrealEngine4 and using Blender to make the assets. Some assets, such as music, I might be downloading from http://opengameart.org/
Jam Host

So in the first day I only managed to make the enemies move (And made a general system for making waves/levels) and make the player shoot, but dying, explosions, sfx and music is still missing. Highly doubting I'll be able to finish this by then since I'm ill :(

Jam Host

So unfortunately I'm not going to end the game for this vertex jam, which I don't think comes up as a surprise really. In the end I realized my game-idea was a little too sloppy and I was way too sick to do enough gamedev to finish due time, but I'm looking forward to Vertex Jam 2, maybe then I'll be able to actually finish a game :D