Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Hello! :)

A topic by ๐•ต๐–†๐–’๐–Ÿ๐–Ž๐–‘๐–‘๐–† created Jul 29, 2022 Views: 160 Replies: 7
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Submitted(+2)

Hi everyone, really looking forward to the jam :)
I'd somehow never heard of Vaarn until now, but definitely seems like my thing, really cool!
I'm putting together a little adventure zine, it's going to be set in Vaarn but system agnostic :)

What's everyone else working on?

Host(+1)

Hello there! Thanks for joining, looking forward to seeing your adventure zine! There's a lot more discussion on our Discord channel about the jam if you're interested?

Submitted

Thanks for the invite, unfortunately I don't use Discord.
Can't wait to see what people create for the jam though! :)

Host(+1)

Totally fair, I thought that might be the case. Thanks for your submission, I'm looking forward to reading through them all at the end of August.

Submitted

Hey Jamzilla that is awesome of you to discover Vaarn and create something for it during the jam. I am working on a rack card that has an exotica generator on it. Would love to have them printed off at some point for a bookmark.

Submitted

I just checked it out, it's rad! I was looking through your Urth Simulacrum the other day as well, I can't believe I'd never stumbled upon Vaarn until now, totally up my street! I'm currently doing a project for Zinequest but definitely gonna work on some more Vaarn stuff once that's done! Used to play a lot of Caves of Qud and Gamma World, and the Dune novels are a massive inspiration for me too!
But yeah nice work on the generator, really cool :)

Submitted

Thank you for taking a look at EX, and my Urth Simulacrum projects! I need to get back to US at some point, but I will also probably add everything to the Mnemosym discord bot as time allows, and use that codebase going forward. Anyhow, glad you finally found Vaarn, it certainly does sound like it shares some of your inspiration. I checked out your Zinequest project, it looks pretty gross in an awesome kind of way. Best of luck to you on that one!

Submitted

Yeah I'm planning on using the Urth Simulacrum for my next project, really cool :) Im gonna read the first 3 issues of Vaarn so I know a little more about the setting and rules :)

And thanks! Awesome gross is EXACTLY what I was going for, I appreciate it :)