Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Thanks to all the organizers for putting this on!

A topic by kwatar created Nov 01, 2021 Views: 182 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Submitted (1 edit) (+2)

Hello all, it's me, Kwatar, maker of Horsey Halloween, which amazingly scored 11th place this year! Anyway, Discord is not verifying my phone number so I just wanted to post here to thank the organizers for putting this on. A major problem for new and unconnected game developers is finding a community into whom to release their game. This can be a major discouragement as individuals put so much hard work into something and then nobody plays or comments on it. While I honestly just joined this jam because I was about to start a Halloween-themed game and thought this would be a good place to dump it and run, I quickly became invested in the work of the other contestants and had an absolute blast going through and rating everyone's hard work, which was completely unexpected. It was a joy to see people's names, which I recognized from their entries, rating both my game and others. I especially enjoyed Not Tyler's comments, who kept pretending there were frogs in every game. One of my friends actually texted me at 3:00 AM in the morning asking if they had missed the frog part of my game. Well played, Not Tyler. Well played. So anyway, thank you all for organizing this wonderful jam. You did an excellent job and if I have time in the future, I will definitely try to jump into your next one. Especially if Discord ever verifies my phone number. 

Happy Halloween all,

Kwatar

Submitted

Agreed 100%! This was a fun jam, and I'm glad I managed to get 13th overall (and 1st in the "treat" category haha)!

Congrats to everyone who participated, and thanks to the organizers and mods!

Submitted(+1)

Your game was really great, I'm glad you participated! And the frog section was hidden very well, just tell your friend to try looking harder 馃檹

Submitted(+1)

Hey Karibil - add me on Discord - Summer T#1337

I'll getcha on the DSoP Discord server. We just have the phone requirement to keep the trolls out. :)