SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Comments on 'The hunt for energy orb!'

A topic by Garry Francis created Mar 14, 2020 Views: 99 Replies: 1
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted

I played version 0.1.0.

I can't really take this game very seriously. The author claims to have written it in 15 minutes - and it shows. It would take longer than that just to read the game jam overview and the game rules. This game does not follow the game jam rules at all. It does not appear to be a treasure hunt. There does not appear to be any treasures or treasure room. It does not use auto_redescribe. Room and object descriptions are longer than two words. Responses are longer than six words. I think we can live with one or two (accidental) transgressions, but completely ignoring the rules is against the spirit of the game jam and unfair to everyone else who has tried so hard to follow the rules. I personally think this game should be disqualified. Nevertheless, I'm here to test the games and report any issues I find to help the authors improve their games, so here goes...

Add a game_information{} section.

Change the itch.io page settings in accordance with the guidelines provided on the forum.

Use the TWO theme or extend the TWO theme.

"You waked up..." should be "You woke up..."

"...compledly destroy" should be "...completely destroyed."

"epty room" should be "empty room".

"flor looks weird" should be "floor looks weird."

"flor" (after using crowbar) should be "floor".

"You used key2 door opend" should be "You unlocked the door with key2."

"its look like an slimple corridor. But..." should be "It looks like a simple corridor, but..."

"...from an vent" should be "...from a vent".

"its look like an simple..." should be "It looks like a simple..."

"Maybe it is something here?" should be "Maybe there is something here."

When you use key2 at simple T-corridor, it says the door is opened, but it actually isn't.

"just an corridor, nothing intresting here" should be "Just a corridor. There's nothing interesting here."

"stairs at norht" should be "stairs to the north".

"the west doors, are plug in to the button at the roof". I have no idea what this even means.

"you have to..." should be "You have to..."

From "Just a corridor":
W: you have to click the button!
CLICK BUTTON: This game does not require use of the word "click".
PRESS BUTTON: This game does not require use of the word "press".
PUSH BUTTON: You can't do that.
USE BUTTON: You can't do that.
and so on...

At this point, I give up. There are better ways to waste my time. Is anyone else prepared to give this one a try?

Host

I've actually removed this game from the jam, as pretty much none of the rules or guidelines were followed, and the game itself didn't seem to be working at all.

This isn't the same as deleting the game (which is still on Itch). I just decided that it wasn't a serious entry, therefore to save judges time, best to remove it.

If anyone has a problem with this, then feel free to appeal here.