Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Could I Get A Vibe Check On My Game Idea?

A topic by ohcurtains created Jun 24, 2022 Views: 151 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted

It's a tactics rpg that explores ideas about gender. It takes place in a world where there are six genders; Fighter, Monk, Thief, White Mage, Black Mage and Red Mage. The genders are assigned at birth, and they determine almost everything about your life - from who you can love to how you dress to the role you play in the world "party". The main character is someone who's been assigned Fighter at birth who realizes that they're trans. (the player gets to pick what their gender really is) The whole tone will be earnest and meant and hearfelt, but also silly. I wanted to get other trans people's thoughts on this. In what ways is gender similar to/different from an rpg class?

HostSubmitted

Hello! While I find this concept interesting, and I do appreciate a good metaphor, that is not what this jam is for. This is about clear trans representation, and as the rules state, the representation needs to be acknowledged in the game. Making something a metaphor for being trans, is not the same as making it trans. You can still make this kind of metaphor, but you will need to include actual trans representation or change the concept in a way to naturally include it. I hope this isn't discouraging, and you will find a way to make your game work within the rules because it does sound like a very fun and unique concept!

Submitted

this feedback is encouraging and appreciated! Thanks :)