SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Terms updated [June 9th]

A topic by Long Tail Games created Jun 08, 2021 Views: 284
Viewing posts 1 to 1
Host(+3)

Hello folks, 

Another potential contributor got in contact to raise an important point, which I always wanted to cover in the original contract but simply forgot. So I'm very happy this was noticed in time!   

Once the jam is over I will contact the selected contributors with finalized terms for agreement. 

The following changes have been made: 

• [1.1] ... Use of the Works means the exercise of any of the exclusive rights of a copyright owner in relation to the Works... 
  • [1.1] ... Use of the Works means the exercise of any of the non-exclusive rights of a copyright owner in relation to the Works...

• [2.1] In consideration of the payments made to the Artist under this agreement, the Artist grants the Licensee an exclusive licence for the Use the Works for any purpose the Licensee deems appropriate.
  • [2.1] In consideration of the payments made to the Artist under this agreement, the Artist grants the Licensee a non-exclusive licence for the Use the Works for any purpose the Licensee deems appropriate.

So the terms now grant Long Tail Games the non-exclusive use of your design. 

This means you remain completely free to keep your game on Itch, sell it as a digital or physical product, or even sell the design to another publisher (however, you will not be able to sell exclusive rights to another publisher, as this agreement precludes them being granted). 

I hope the terms are clear, but please feel free to get in touch here or anywhere else (ash@long-tail.games) if you have questions, comments or suggestions. 

Thanks again for joining Tiny Library. It'll be fun, I promise!