SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Terms updated [June 7th]

A topic by Long Tail Games created Jun 06, 2021 Views: 144
Viewing posts 1 to 1
Host(+1)

Hello folks, 

Thanks so much for your interest in Tiny Library! I'm excited for the submission window to end so I can really dig into the entries. 

For now, I just want to highlight some changes that have been made to the standard contract after they were flagged by a potential contributor.  Once the jam is over I will contact the selected contributors with finalized terms for agreement. 

The following changes have been made: 

• [8.4] Licensee shall be entitled, but not obligated, to exploit the license under this agreement under their own publishing label. However, Licensee will use different channels of exploitation if suitable. The Artist hereby gives prior general consent to any kind of adaptations, modifications, alterations or rearrangements necessary for those kinds of exploitations.
  • [8.4] Licensee shall be entitled, but not obligated, to exploit the license under this agreement under their own publishing label. However, Licensee will use different channels of exploitation if suitable. 

• [7.1] The title, design, format and parts of the Works are left to the discretion of Licensee and/or eventual sub-licenses. The Artist may make suggestions to Licensee, which will be reasonably considered by Licensee. Licensee is not obligated to adhere to Artist suggestions. Licensee shall be entitled to file and acquire any kind of intellectual or industrial property right as to the title, rules, parts/format and design/layout of the Works. 
  • [7.1] The title, design, format and parts of the Works may not be modified by the Licensee and/or eventual sub-licenses. However, the scale and size of the Works may be modified for manufacturing purposes. Licensee shall be entitled to file and acquire any kind of intellectual or industrial property right as to the title, rules, parts/format and design/layout of the Works. 

• [8.2] Licensee is completely free in all business matters and decisions concerning the Work. With respect to the best commercialization of the Work, Licensee shall further be entitled to translate and adapt the Works in other languages, dialects, versions or wording, if necessary, in the different countries of the contractual territory.
  • [8.2] Licensee is completely free in all business matters and decisions concerning the Work.

• [6.1] The Licensee must pay the Artist: (a) 1% of the sale price of each item created by the Licensee by Use of the Works (Item), minus production costs, to be sent quarterly. (b) 1 free prototype copy of the Item. 
  • [6.1] The Licensee must pay the Artist: (a) 1% of the sale price of each item created by the Licensee by Use of the Works (Item), minus production costs, to be sent quarterly. (b) 1 free prototype copy of the Item, with postage and shipping paid by the Licensee

• [6.2 - Addition] 
  • [6.2] The Licensee must provide the Artist with royalty statements and pay royalties under clause 6.1.a within 30 calendar days of the end of every quarter during the Term. Those statements must show: the number of Items; the number of Items sold; the sale price of the Item; the production costs of the Items; and the amount owing to the Artist under this agreement for the past quarter.

The basic impact of these changes is that Long Tail Games (or any other future publisher of Tiny Library) will not be able to change the games in any meaningful way (the only modification allowed is scaling / resizing to fit cards). 

I hope the terms are clear, but please feel free to get in touch here or anywhere else (ash@long-tail.games) if you have questions, comments or suggestions. 

Thanks again for joining Tiny Library. It'll be fun, I promise!