Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Few more questions for the JAM

A topic by naidmer created Feb 06, 2023 Views: 187 Replies: 8
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Submitted

Hi, great idea with the jam. I have a few more questions.

1) Is there an overarching theme the quests must have?

2) Is it centered around the Guardian Knight or do we need to include it?

3) Is it allowed for me to plagiarise my own quests or segments of them (that may have been published on reddit).

4) "Challenge Balance" is a criteria. So how do we balance the difficulty? For new bunch of heroes or seasoned heroes? If seasoned heroes then who determines the gear of seasoned heroes?

Host

There is no theme for this jam.

You do not need to include the guardian knight in your quest submission.  It is only the grand prize!

You can of course recreate any content that you have already made, and submit it.

You get to decide whether the player starts with one hero or more, brand new or seasoned or a combination of the two.  You can also decide what gear the heroes get at the beginning of the quest (use quest notes to specify).  If nothing is specified, a default hero party is assumed.

If using the classic HQ style map, I'll assume a standard Barbarian, Dwarf, Elf and Wizard party.

If using the 2021 HQ style, I'll use any of the heroes that have been introduced since that edition, unless restrictions are specified in the quest notes (i.e No Bards, etc.).

Deleted 1 year ago
Host

Only one page allowed, map on top half and anything / Everything else on bottom.

However, keep your idea / two page quest for a future jam.....

Deleted 1 year ago
Deleted 1 year ago
Host

If the second page is completely blank and the entirety of the quest - including the hquestbuilder credit - is contained in the first page only, we will simply disregard the extra page, and judge based on the complete contents of the first.

Deleted 1 year ago
Submitted

I don't know if I did my submit correctly. I cannot see my PDF when I click on it.

Can you please have a look if you have access to the quest from the entry "Time"?

Submitted

Hello, naidmer.

I don't see any downloadable files on your quest's page, so I have a couple of suggestions that may help you out:

1. Not sure if this would cause problems, but if you haven't already, set the file type to either "Book or Document" or "Documentation or Instructions".
  2. Make sure "Hide this file and prevent it from being downloaded" is unchecked.

The only other thing I can suggest is to double check if you remembered to upload the .pdf in the first place... ;)
Submitted(+1)

Hm ok, I had "Other" instead of "Documentation or Instructions.

Seems to work now for me, thanks!

Submitted

Glad to hear it!

I also see the quest file now, so it looks like you're good to go.

Submitted

Sorry, but I have no idea what I am doing wrong here. I submitted a project of type "game mods". But I can't see the PDF I uploaded anywhere. Have you got it?