Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Advice for beginners?

A topic by rezajamesahmed created Sep 20, 2021 Views: 264 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 3

Hey, first time non-engine game maker here, just wondering if anyone with experience making a game or an app on the mega65 would be willing to explain their general process? 

(I guess I'm looking just for general direction, maybe something like this: 1. use X editor and Y useful libraries with Z language to make the game, 2. use B program/library/etc to export the program as the .d81 file, 3. In the emulator, do C to load the .d81 program)

Maybe in the end I'm just too much of a beginner to figure it out, but just wanted to see if I could get it with some advice.

Host(+1)

Hi there,

Firstly thank you for taking part, it's always exciting to see people joining in the fun! Personally I use ASM although as organiser of the competition I obviously won't be taking part. You can check my Youtube channel (specifically the mega65 stream uploads) for some information on what I use and my Github for some potentially useful libraries.

As for tools I use:

• Sublime Text 4
  • KickAssembler (Jespers KickC 45GS02 version) 
  • My own M65Debugger for deploying and inspecting - found in the Github repos below

I'm sure others who have worked more with Xemu or indeed other mid level languages can provide more information.

Thanks

Shallan

Github:
https://github.com/smnjameson?tab=repositories

Mega65 stream playlist : 

(+1)

Deffo check out shallan on youtube and twitch and patreon