Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Would I be able to remaster a game I've previously made?

A topic by Josh McMillan created Oct 30, 2019 Views: 179 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 2

I have an old title I made called Legend of Westdor which was designed for Floppy Jam (game had to fit within 1.44 MB). It was made using .NET Framework and C#, and can run in Windows CommandPrompt and PowerShell. As a result, it is only available for Windows, though there was great interest in the game being made available for Mac/Linux.

Would it be okay if I remastered my original title from Windows Commandline into a more cross-platform friendly engine such as Unity? 

• It would not be a simple port. It was a custom built game engine designed by me, meaning many aspects of the game are hardcoded and not ready for such a dynamic engine as Unity. I would have to rebuild everything from the ground up.
  • It would bring a game into cross-compatibility. Many Mac and Linux users were interested in the game, and I was disappointed then that I couldn't both have cross-platform capability and meet the memory storage limitations.
  • It was a project I've had in mind to do for a better part of a year now, and I think this would be a great excuse to pull it off.
Host(+1)

Yes. that's fine. as long as the bulk of the game is built in the jam

Thanks for clarifying!