Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Cool Game Jam

A topic by efreeteater created Dec 30, 2019 Views: 105 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted(+1)

Just wanted to say that this was a pretty neat game jam with some wild results. I enjoyed participating in it and trying out some of the games.

Submitted

This was me playtesting the game a long time ago! Also I'm so sorry you had all those technical difficulties! Most of the fixes were done next day or 2 after I submitted but my game was locked due to the game jam but I will update the game today might as well upload finally since I believe I'm allowed to upload finally :)
Submitted

Also this was 1 continuous recording because batch doesn't need to be compiled and closed down and restarted literally editing the game file in the current play state allowed me to edit and see changes live meaning that part where it sped up on countdown was done in the game file it self which was running in real time but not many people know of the magic of batch and how fun it can be but honestly I would really encourage people to try it at least once cuz it's a very fun language though extremely limited in what all you can do, your literally taken to like Dark/Stone Age basically in computer programming but meh I like it I love it's quirky challenges! It's not robust like Java or Python so most of the issues have to be creatively worked around and again I dunno why it never ran! It's kinda a direct windows/command prompt is language meaning it bypasses alot of stuff and I never gotten to the point of even "Testing" it in sandboxes, if I knew you were gonna use a sandbox I woulda made a few attempts to run it in one but nope I ran it on my computer and had to clean the files out manually each time I tested a new iteration of the save files! :)

Submitted

Also lastly I'm a very basic programmer meaning all my files are 100% safe! I'm not advanced enough to write malicious code, but then again I literally have no interest in making garbage code that does other things as I just have 1 PC only so literally everything I run and test goes off of I do to myself before others principal meaning if something hurt me then it was a fail and wouldn't make it to production! Batch is not sketchy I just had no idea where to save or send the files too, the rules were it had to run on windows thus I knew a C drive existed! I would not know the path to desktop plus there was like 10-20 files so clutter is not my thing! I ultimately just decided to make it run strictly off of Windows as I have no workarounds, sorry your sandbox never worked! I have really no answers around that but to make the game work within the constraints of the C drive unfortunately! Let me assure you this! Joshua your always safe in my hands! My other batch games selling on itch.io do exactly the same unfortunately! I guess maybe I can get a Microsoft license to verify my files as safe but I never looked into being a verified publisher yet, maybe that's a road I will take one day! The fact I couldn't delete my own files also means I couldn't delete yours and again I wouldn't really care if I knew that knowledge as my purpose is just to make games! Cheers! :)