Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Happy ending

A topic by auraes created Jul 03, 2023 Views: 57 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted(+1)

Thank you for organizing this game jam. It was a great opportunity to create a new game.
Congratulations to Garry and all those who managed to deliver a game in the allotted time; in my opinion, that’s the greatest challenge of a game jam.

I’ve removed the TAP extension from my game, I’ll add an in-game helper if there’s any memory left on the C64 port.

HostSubmitted

Thanks, auraes. I really enjoyed your game, although it did raise some controversy in other forums. We still don't know whether it's possible to win without getting killed (I suspect not) or whether it's possible to get a final score of greater than 60%.

Submitted (1 edit)

Unlike Harry Potter (J. K. Rowling lacked courage) Blanquette will die eaten by the wolf, whatever cards you hold. Blanquette’s death at dawn after fighting all night, is what makes Alphonse Daudet’s story so interesting.
If you have all 4 cards, you’re bound to win, as you’ll be fighting until dawn. The 5th card, The Morning Star card, the one that should enable you to defeat the wolf, will join the firmament, giving you access to the battle.

The score is buggy. I made a lot of changes for version 1; the score should now be correct.