Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

STGJ 6 is Over!

A topic by STGJ created Feb 03, 2019 Views: 198 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Host

We got 2 submissions this time, both of which are very good, congratz to you too.

STGJ 7 is up, go join if you want!

Due to low interest and participation, I will not be doing youtube videos on the jams at this stage, and I'm working on restructuring the game jam, possible making it monthly, to hopefully get more participants. Let me know your thoughts! Thanks.

Submitted

The current format works great for me, but here's some input anyway:

I'm in UTC+1 so the jam runs from Thursday at noon to Sunday here, but it might not work that well for people in the Americas.

Public voting on entries might generate more interest and make it more visible in the general jam community.

Host

It's cool to see your still interested and have made a game each time, they're always fun.

Are you suggesting moving the time?  I could push it forward 24 hours, that way it's more over the weekend for most people, as in my time zone it stars Friday morning (Midnight) and closes Monday morning. I can change it to Saturday to Tuesday my time (Friday noon - Monday your time) That would make it more over the weekend for you and people in America.

I believe it has been public voting, I forgot to set it to public, until right after the jam ended this time, but I believe the others all were right from the start.

I have been considering a Discord channel, may get on that for the next one. 

Thanks for the feedback, and as always, can't wait to see what you come up with next :)

Submitted

Another idea could be a Discord server which might help in building a community around the jam.