SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Ideas for Choosing a Concept Card

A topic by HarkMorper created Aug 02, 2021 Views: 92 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted

Hey Everyone,

I am designing a For The Queen hack that is about the Guardians--a team of queer magical girls who protect your city. In my current design, the instruction phase has a point when the players can choose a card to help define the Guardians (similar to the Queen card). The cards have short descriptions of the Guardians and can help set the tone of the story.

Is there any way to allow players to choose from a set of options like that in Story Synth? Or do folks have any clever ideas for how to mimic the experience? (There's no mechanical impact, so it's fine if the choices is made and it doesn't stay visible--at least while I'm still play testing stuff.) My best idea so far is to just have the different cards included in the instructions as individual cards and tell players to choose one. The other option I've thought of is limiting myself to two of the options for now and using modals. Does anyone have another clever workaround?

Thanks!
Jeremy

HostSubmitted

Hey Jeremy,

I don't have a good way for picking an option and having it stick around but here are a few ways you can do it:

• Have all of the options on one long card (or modal)
  • Have each on its own card that you click through in sequence and then decide (like you mentioned)
  • Start with all of the options in an editable list and have the players X out all of the others until only the one they want remains
  • Have the options on another webpage that's linked to from the choice card

If you have other suggested ways for doing it, let me know and I'll add it to the roadmap!

–Randy

Submitted

Thanks, Randy!