Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Did anyone other than like 5 people actually look at the theme

A topic by Dudeguy1 created Mar 23, 2020 Views: 289 Replies: 12
Viewing posts 1 to 6
Submitted(+1)

everyone seems to just submit stuff that's related to the coronavirus, not the actually theme

Submitted

And it's like "Dude, why aren't you actually doing the theme? Just cause its called the stay safe jam, does not mean the jam is the theme stay safe or coronavirus or sick or whatever."

I actually did xD collect coins = kill people = bad end, don't collect any coins = don't kill peaple = good end,  anything inbetween = Text: "Could be played better, END"

Submitted(+1)

I looked at the theme!

Submitted(+1)

thank you

Submitted

The theme is actually pretty open for everyone to put their ideas inside, and I think it is interesting to see how this crisis is impacting our lives and our way of thinking, of creating. If the theme was very precise and/or narrow, I would have agree with you. A game is not inevitably a group of game design mechanics assembled together to fit to one vague sentence. People can create stories, make small games for fun, don't care ... especially during a game jam I think !I'm sorry but I do not see how so many games can have "miss" the theme ...

Submitted

Amen

we did look at the theme, protecting your body in these times is staying safe, and it was pretty narrowminded of you to kick our hard worked project out, but i do respect it's your decision so we'll leave it at that

Submitted (2 edits)

That is the name of the jam... The theme was actions have consequences. Like your game is very cool and looks beautiful, and plays really well. But, the theme has nothing to do about staying safe.

HostSubmitted

I see where you are coming from. Although it doesn't seem like this game had anything to do with the theme "there are always consequences" It seems you didn't look at the theme of the jam, you looked at the title of the jam. There is also some evidence showing me that your game was not made in 72 hours like the jam rules stated. I was shown a video trailer for your game posted a day after I announced the theme. I highly doubt you made that game and video in 72 hours let alone 24. ALSO, you posted that game to many different jams, and given the general spirit of jams that is not normally allowed. What I (personally) think you did is you were creating a game to raise awareness of the corona virus which is fine, BUT THEN you saw that some jams on this site were centered around the corona virus, so you blindly posted your game to many different jams, not even reading ANY of the jams rules and or themes. Please, I invite you to correct me if I'm wrong. If you can explain why your game was related to the theme, and provide evidence that what you posted was indeed made in 72 hours, then I'm sorry, but I can qualify you again.       Sincerely - NovaKnight531

“there are always consequences”. Tell me friend, what happens if you don’t take care of yourself these days? What happens if you don’t remain isolated or wash your hands? What happens if you don’t respect the rules that society has to follow tightly today? You and many others will get sick. You just did’t ask about our point of view, and yes, it was made in 72hrs, three sleepless nights working hard and we respect your decision to take us out, but we don’t share or support the reasoning, we did work hard and this is the result of that. We’re sorry if we’re brand new and don’t know if it’s ok or not to submit a product in different jams, beginners mistake. But that’s that 

HostSubmitted (1 edit)

Alright, I'm close to extending the jam time to let you reenter, BUT you still have to explain why there was a video posted one day after I posted the theme. Were you just so excited that you basically finished the game and made a trailer for it in ONE DAY?! Just be honest. If you didn't make it in 72 hours I'll still let you reenter, just tell the truth.

we did, as we were testing we recorded footage to make a trailer, and it’s quite short as you can see so it took me less than 1hr to make.