Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Question about updating the game

A topic by White Lotus - Artsy Studios created Oct 03, 2023 Views: 119 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted

I assume we cant update it since it would be unfair to people who delivered their whole experience in the jam time, but i would like to know if there is any way for us to release an update sooner than the end of the voting period without it counting on the "voting"

like, maybe a separate package that should be ignored by judges or even maybe making a new page for the updated version and posting it as a link on a devlog on the jam version and editing the jam version to say  "spooktober jam version" or something like that.

i ask because we had finished the assets and script for two entire routes of our game but were only able to implement half of the first route before the jam ended(we started very late, like, one week left for the jam to end) and now we have those two routes implemented and feel a bit wasteful to store it in our hard drives and wait for the end of the voting window.

thanks in advance for any help or clarification provided.

Host

You can update your submissions and are encouraged to.  We downloaded all of the submissions when the submission window closed, so the judges have the files that will be judged already.

Submitted

thank you so much for the quick answer, that is great! we will be updating it tomorrow then ^^