Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

There were more submissions than expected Sticky

A topic by CannibalInteractive created Jul 25, 2021 Views: 312 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 3
HostSubmitted

So last time I ran this bundle, I received the amount of submissions over the course of the whole several days that this bundle has already. It's only going to grow, which means I have some difficult choices to make.

The original plan was 20-25 developers, each an even split of money, $20 a bundle.

We could aim to make this a larger bundle, potentially 50 or 100 devs, and try to sell at quantity, though I feel that undermines the core of what this is supposed to be about.

If anyone has thoughts or input, feel free to say so below. If you want to run your own offshoot of this bundle, by all means do so.

Submitted (1 edit)

It's definitely a conundrum. Either you curate rigorously, which can be read as gatekeeping, or you create one big bundle, which can jeopardise the intent. Hrm.

The first alternative idea that comes to mind is to coordinate an effort between multiple bundle-organisers, dividing up  the entrants; it's a sort of divide-and-conquer approach, which comes with its own set of problems (possible TOS issues,  possible gamer favouritism of one bundle over another...)

Another idea would be to consult the ratings to the games - and see how often they have been rated, and how well/with what intent. This would make curation more unforgiving, but it would ensure that the games you select really *are* the underdogs. Obviously that wouldn't avoid the problem of curation, even if it would be for reasons that are more in the spirit of it.

That's all the ideas I have.

HostSubmitted

Yeah, at this point I'm currently just putting one bundle together from people that have already submitted that I've examined and fit what I was hoping to go for with this bundle. If people keep coming in I can post about maybe the ones that didn't make it into this one and if they wanted to do a bundle together or something.

Basically I'm erring on the side of curation and speed, as the honest matter is that the bundle will do better if it goes live while the media hasn't forgotten the current situation in games and AAA in particular, and we can see indies actually get some amount of attention while they're willing to report on them.

Submitted

I can totally understand that and I hope the best for this project, maybe in another run my game can make it :)