Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

So I cannot submit this game I made exclusively for scream jam?

A topic by solodevinteractive created Oct 04, 2020 Views: 274 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 2
(2 edits)

Hi, after seeing scream jam featured on jams section. I read the rules about the submission and I just wanted to clarify what the host exactly mean by "... BASED MOSTLY ON SOMETHING YOU'VE MADE IN THE JAM PERIOD, PREFERABLY FOR THE JAM ITSELF"

I made the game prior to the submission period for 5 days, and completed everything on the 6th day and planning to submit immediately once the submission period opens. On the end of the trailer, you will see I added the scream jam 2020 logo, because this game is supposedly for scream jam game jam.

Here's the trailer.

..... so if I cannot submit this game it's fine with me. I'll just release the game today. Thanks.

HostSubmitted

Hi. Firstly, thank you for creating a game for SCREAM JAM 2020. But secondly, general game jam culture dictates that a game is developed during the game jam development period. This is to ensure that everyone participating gets a fair go and that the competition cannot be skewed.

I have now changed the wording to be clearer, but the rule "... BASED MOSTLY ON SOMETHING YOU'VE MADE IN THE JAM PERIOD, PREFERABLY FOR THE JAM ITSELF" existed to clarify that while a game must definitely be created during the jam period, pre-existing ideas can be used. Furthermore, if you have made your game during the jam period, it can be submitted to this game jam even if you primarily wanted to submit it to a different game jam. As long as the rules are followed, it doesn't have to only be submitted to SJ2020.

Starting games early is something we try to heavily discourage, and hope that people don't do in the future, in the hopes of keeping things fair and not having to try to validate each rule-breaking game. However, while breaking the rules, I've looked at your Facebook page and it seems that you're genuine when you say you've made your game in 5 days. Please either send an email to mail@caveware.digital, or add me on Discord at Jojo#8805 and I'll try to further verify that you began your game when you said you did so that it can be approved.

Thank you!

Hi, thank for the reply and clarification. I sent the email by the way.