Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

I am not a coward! (The real Devlog #1)

A topic by Rona Hattingh created Oct 14, 2020 Views: 165 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 2

My story centers around a woman, Lisa, whose father has always resented her being a girl and not a boy. He always challenged her to proof herself to be worthy of his love. After his death he gives his daughter his last challenge, to visit the cemetery and spend the night in his tomb. 

I always wanted to make a game playing off in a tomb, but I needed a reason why someone would spend a night in such a scary place and suddenly this story popped into my head. (I must have read about  it somewhere in a romance novel)

With the title, I went through a list of names, until "I am not a coward!" popped in and I thought this sounds unusual and catchy, going nicely with Lisa's  story of proofing herself to her father. (I can hear Lisa screaming these words at her father's tombstone)

I opened a project in Unity this morning and uploaded GameDevHQ's File base, where I downloaded my main character, Lisa:

And what is a horror game without a monster/ creature to liven up the story and make the blood freeze in our veins.

Roadmap for 15/10/2020:

= Draw up a GDD (Game Development Document), just to make sure I keep to the aims and goals set down by myself.

=Downloading the 3D assets from GameDevHQ's File base, which I will need for my level design.

I hope I tickled your interest in this game. Cya next time!

https://rona-hattingh.itch.io/i-am-not-a-coward/devlog/186832/i-am-not-a-coward-...

Submitted

nice job I could never create a game as good as that one so far I鈥檓 a pixel artist lol but I鈥檓 hoping I can ya physiological terror to induce fear into the player

Thank you, I've seen some spooky pixel art. 馃槇