SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Inspired, but late

A topic by ROBOBONOBO created Mar 21, 2022 Views: 114 Replies: 8
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Submitted

Hey, all.

I've been making games for a long time, but wasn't hooked into a community. I just found itch.io and thought I'd give it a go. I'm a big fan of 80s cartoons, so this seemed like the perfect Jam to get me started. 

I've been working on a solo ttrpg for this Jam, which I hope to get up by the deadline.  It's kind of a Saturday Morning Cartoon generator, where you take the role of a creative director at a toy company and try to manage the different needs of the market to make the most profitable cartoon possible. Even if I miss the deadline, I hope to post the game. I'm really looking forward to checking out all your work as well. 

Since I am new, just let me know if there is anything I'm missing, or if I violate any ettiquette.

Cheers,

Lolo

HostSubmitted

That sounds good to me! Gets abit meta with the Saturday Morning Cartoon vibe but in an interesting way! If you don't finish in time and need a week or so lemme know and i can expand the deadline a lil, or you can post a WIP preview for now while you keep working!

Submitted

Thanks! Don't change the deadline. It's what keeps me motivated. I think I'll have an almost working draft up tomorrow. About three quarters playable. Enough to show off at least.

Submitted

Got it in, just barely, at least by my clock. I plan to keep refining it, but this was a fun challenge and I appreciate the opportunity. 

Submitted

I guess I needed the extra time after all. I finished a working draft that is up now. Thanks for hosting the jam, it was fun!

This sounds awesome! I'm super curious to see how it turns out!

Submitted

Glad you're interested! An incomplete version is up now. 

Submitted

Uploaded the new version. Check it out!

Submitted

Hey, all. The extended deadline gave me time to finish a working draft! If you downloaded it before, please do so again, as now it goes all the way to the end. However, I do have some expansions coming up, so if you like it, or want more let me know. Thanks, this was fun. I look forward to checking out everyone else's work. 

-Lolo