#RPGenesis is a tabletop RPG design community challenge, aiming to write a tabletop RPG with a minimum of 5000 words, in seven days of August 2019. This jam happens in the same spirit of previous years, and of other challenges like the NaNoWriMo and NaGaDeMon: with the purpose of sharing creative energy and motivation between the participants, as well to bring out the spirit of "learn by doing".
Therefore, the best approach to this is to imagine, speculate, write and organize your game without second-guessing yourself, in order to submit the project on time. Are you ready to take the challenge?
- Write a tabletop RPG or story game with at least 5000 words;
- Your game must be fully playable from your final text
- Instead of a completely original game, you may choose to do a "hack" (a variation or version) of an existing game or ruleset;
- Writing the final text has a deadline of seven days: from 4th to 10th August (from and to midnight in your timezone);
- Our intention is that the bulk of the preparation, research and reflection happens ahead of the event. However, the final version of the text is to be written during these seven days exclusively, and it should not reuse any previously written text.
- All formats and themes are allowed, provided they can be submitted on this platform, and that they are not based on content that promotes discrimination, intolerance or any type of violence or abuse against others.
- During the event, you may choose to also create other game material such as character sheets, maps or illustrations.
- The submission of your game will be done through itch.io, as it will offer us a gallery of everyone’s creations as well as a small forum for the participants to mingle.
- Let yourself be guided by sheer fun and uncompromising desire to create: no pressure, no frustration, and with breaks to take a breath and enjoy the company of those around us.
- If you can, feel free to share your effort, enthusiasm, thoughts and difficulties in social media, and other platforms, such as online communities of tabletop RPGs and story games.
Click on "Join Jam" and join the #RPGenesis Community here on itch.io! On Twitter, if you want to promote your participation in this community event use the hashtag #RPGenesis (yes, no accent). Invite your friends to join us!
This challenge is being organized by:
Ana Silva (https://ladyentropy.itch.io/ )