Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Rule: You must not retcon the wildly unpopular twist.

A topic by GGladam created May 05, 2022 Views: 278 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Submitted

Hey people. I have a question about this rule.

It says in the rules: "You must not retcon the wildly unpopular twist. There are No Giant Robots in the Steel Love universe."

Does this mean the only thing we cannot retcon is "there are no giant robots in the steel love universe"? For example, do Singuliera and Averagmus/Gigantimus have to stay split up?  (This isn't my plan) But if they were to say, get back together under a deal that Averagmus would wear the giant suit sometimes, would this count as a retcon? 

Host

I don't believe it would count as a retcon if they got back together as long as what happened isn't forgotten.  They could reconcile, but also I'm never going to believe their love will ever be the same as it was 

Submitted

If "There are No Giant Robots in the Steel Love universe." right now. Is it OK to have a true "Giant Robot" built within the storyline of the game?

Submitted

My personal take is that would be okay. The original author might not like it too much though. But yeah at the very least my game is going to involve someone trying to build one (although I'm leaving whether they succeed or not up to the author in Book 12 if the franchise takes off again)

Submitted (1 edit)

I've already made my mind up, but mecha is fair game right? Aka giant robots that are just vehicles. Just no sentient giant robots and that any giant robot all along were actually mechs.