I interpreted the theme for the spectrum with the use of colour and would create an endless runner that had different coloured lanes. The player would have to be the correct colour for the lane they were in and could only swap lanes at sections that offered the colour that you wanted to move to.
The first two days would be spent trying to get the basic prototype done which would allow me to work on improving it for the next two weeks of the game jam.
Progress on the first day went well - managed to get the basic lanes and player movement set up.
Once this was in place, I wanted to focus on getting the areas where the player would pass through to get to the other colours. I managed to get halfway through this before having to call it a night.
Bit of a slower day for progress. A few design and technical walls had been hit but finally got a basic prototype of the game done.
Finished up with getting some more art and polish into the game. This was the first time that I had used magic voxel for art. I'll probably keep with it throughout the forthcoming weeks to improve the art and keep iterating.