Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

End of Jam Thoughts

A topic by kaijuCrow created Feb 26, 2024 Views: 218 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 6
Submitted(+2)

How'd your guys' projects go? Did you learn anything new? Are you hyped to play other peoples' games? Consider this a place to let the post-jam adrenaline flow!

I'm excited to take a break from coding :'D

HostSubmitted(+4)

i'm very impressed so far by everyone's submissions!! very excited to play through (this was all an elaborate scheme so i would have my vampire games to play 馃槇)

i did learn some new stuff with twine, blood4blood was a little different from what i usually do and learning how to do the speechboxes by chapelR was actually kinda fun. also being confident enough to use my own art for both of my submissions was surprising but now i feel like it's opened up new doors for me to add more art and get more creative with my projects in the future.

thank you everyone for participating and making this a fun first vampire jam 馃枻

Submitted(+2)

I was originally just going to be a jack of all trades where needed for my team, but due to some pressing obligations that came in on some of our team, I ended up becoming a trial-by-fire expert with Naninovel, including all of its best tools and worst idiosyncracies. This was a first game jam for both me and our artist Yawns, and between the pride in my team's work and the cool results, I can see why people find making games kind of addicting LOL

I'm also really looking forward to trying a bunch of the other games! So many tasty options :3c

Jam HostSubmitted(+2)

I really enjoyed this process!! I honestly thought I was gonna be one of the last submissions so I'm glad to see I'm not the only procrastinator here (affectionate) -- I had a lot of fun working on my game, using it as a space to try some new writing styles/format and I'm really excited to get into reading everyone else's games!! ty everyone who submitted - I've been delighted by the turnout馃挄馃挄馃挄

Submitted(+2)

i only barely made it, but i sure made it!! i think i'll play through some of the other submissions along with my cowriter this weekend and see what kinds of cool things everyone else made!

there are a LOT of things that ended up very different from my initial draft for the game, but i think it actually made the game a lot stronger emotionally, even if i lost out on some of the symmetry i had planned for. it's been a long time since i wrote something by myself instead of as the game of literary tennis that roleplaying is, so having people to consult on the plot details is probably the one thing that saved me from flunking out.

now if only i had the time to make a cover illustration during the jam... or the energy to do it now. post-jam burnout is REAL and its PAINFUL. i think i'll make some sort of "graphic design is my passion" tier image at the very least until i can figure something else out. hopefully by the time i make the full release theres going to be something to catch the eye of a potential player :D

Submitted(+1)

We finished but we are still rolling out extra polish updates! Added witch hats to the kitty CGs, new kitty effects, and on request we鈥檙e making prints!