SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

My PS2 Jam game dev post

A topic by Daniel Santos created Oct 30, 2023 Views: 45 Replies: 1
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted

Hello,

I'm Daniel Santos and I'm one of the participants on this Jam, I've joined it back in late August during my exam run of one of my last year 1st semester classes that I needed to pass and went full development in somewhere in mid September.

I've been developing the scenes, props, characters and textures both in Blender, Photoshop and paint all by myself, with my imagination trying to be rampant in the middle of current semester workload.

I've made a sort of a gameplay video to showcase my game, it contains the description of some details along what I already said up and down of this post

I've already set up my page of the game with screenshots that I've already shown here, serving as placeholders until actual gameplay shots are put in, there's also a pic of the names and silhouettes of every character that you get to play as (and hopefully be in the game) and a description with links directed to the jam and the tools I used. The cover is roughly unfinished and I'll try to upload a better and finished one when able to.

I've been working this game for a long time, trying using the engine's full potential as possible for the game while dealing the most janky editor UI, I'm currently under pressure from my year's semester and I'm already worrying about not being able to get this game out in time of the Jam before closing. <: /

Thank you for reading and I hope you like what you're seeing from my game! I wanted to post this since this jam has been looking barren and completely silent for awhile and I wanted to see if anyone is still working on their projects for this jam, I know that the jam founder has submitted their game but pulled out with most of their games due to the whole Unity scandal and was wondering if any other dev is gonna submit their game to this jam.

If there's any suggestions, criticisms or opinions about my game, I'd be happy to read them and respond them when I'm available to! :D

- Daniel Santos

P.S.: I also notice that the front page of the jam has not been updated yet when the Unity controversy was going on, will that page be updated? Or is it still gonna stay like that since the engine madness has calmed down a bit? (I apologize if this is annoying to ask)

HostSubmitted

Hey!
To answer your Question;

It did calm down, yes.