SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Rules Clarification

A topic by Rimaito created May 21, 2020 Views: 247 Replies: 7
Viewing posts 1 to 6
Submitted (1 edit) (+2)

I have a few questions regarding the rules:

1. Is it allowed to change the color on a per instance basis (for example two times the same sprite but in different colors)?
  2. Is it allowed to change the color on a per texture basis (for example I want green gems but the rest should stay black)?
  3. Is it allowed to change the color to one with no opacity?
  4. Is it allowed to overlay different textures to create a new one?
  5. Is it allowed to animate the sprites by either changing the texture of a sprite or by using shaders or cut out animation?
  6. Is it allowed to change the assets itself or must this be done by the game itself?

I hope you can help me clarify this.

Thanks in advance.

I too would like to know if changing/adding alpha is considered a color change.

Host(+1)

1 - Yes

2- Yes

3 - Yes

4 - No sorry

5 -Yes

6 -  You're allowed to change the assets yourself

Submitted

Thanks for your answer.

Just to be safe regarding question 3,5,6. Would it be allowed to use an asset like this (Imagining black was transparent)?

And regarding question number 4. Would it be allowed to upscale texture 2 by a factor of x2 and than put texture number 3 in it with its original size? This would create an overlap of two textures but won't create a new one because the texture number 3 can move independently as an enemy from the box it is trapped in. 

I created the dog sprite sheet just for demonstration and didn't start on my game in any other way. Should there be no issue with this sprite sheet, then everyone is allowed to use it that I don't have an unfair advantage.

Host(+1)

Yes that would be all fine.

I just dont want any drastic changes

Submitted

is custom music allowed?

Host (1 edit)

Custom music and royalty free music are allowed

Submitted

An other question. Under what licence are we allowed to use your assets?  I would like to see something like the CC-BY license.