SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Skybox?

A topic by playsnicely created Mar 13, 2021 Views: 153 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Submitted

Hi,

IndyGee and Jusiv have got a 'skybox' containing their model - but, when I try that, even importing their models it blocks the camera, or doesn't look like the GIFs they exported - how do you do this?

Charlie

Submitted

Hello,
Loading Jusiv's file works fine on my end, if you have something very abnormal looking maybe post a gif.
If you want to avoid the face blocking the view, you can simply set the face properties to "render first".
Otherwise, I think it's a lot of fiddling around to make things 'look right', there are no absolute rules, especially regarding to clipping.

Submitted (1 edit)

Thanks for the reply! I tried the 'render first' option, but I've got a few things set to that and they 'clashed'. In the end the angle I went with removed the need for it, will submit soon...

Submitted

If you 'invert' a mesh by dragging one sides vertices to the other, it will be rendered inside-out, as if you are looking into an open box. That's how most people do skyboxes. There's a lot of useful info in this guide: https://www.notion.so/FAQ-Tricks-and-Workarounds-175da9c4b7ca4a92848fe26f798af5d... Inverting is at the top of the linked page.