SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Introductions

A topic by Eldridge Misnomer created Jun 03, 2018 Views: 279 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 5
Submitted(+2)

Hello Pastel-Jamers!
I thought I'd create a thread for if folks want to introduce themselves.

Hi, I'm Eldridge, this is my first ever jam so I'm quite excited. 
I find making games kind of slow and gruelling so I'm looking forward to trying to get one done in such a short time. I'm a tiny bit dubious of if I'm even capable though :-)
I'll be working in Unity because it's what I'm most familiar with and my game will probably involve walking around.

(+2)

This is also my first jam. I suffer from the chronic tendency to try and make big projects and over-generalize with my engine development and eventually give up because I get too ahead of myself and refuse to prototype first. So it finally dawned on me that game jams would be a good excuse to get better at prototyping concepts, starting small and getting stuff done, and here I am. I'm interested in the pastel concept because I think using color as a gameplay/narrative element is interesting, and this particular color scheme also fascinates me. I'm excited to hopefully bang out a cohesive enough game, as well as play other people's entries.

I'll be using Godot. It'll be my first (hopefully) complete game using it. Just picked it up for the first time recently, and it seems pretty nice so far.

Submitted

Hi! I totally agree with the pastel concept being interesting – it's really novel to have an aesthetic limitation like that and it frees us up to make the game however we're comfortable with.

Submitted

I've done a few. I just got MV so I'm gonna use this as an opportunity to mess around in it.

Submitted

Hello guys and gals,

This is my second real jam and I'm hella pumped to get something made this weekend! I'm working with unity (most experience in it).
Do any of you have ideas set out yet around the theme?

Can't wait to see what you lovely people make,
Atomic

(+1)

I suppose this is a bit late, but this is my first jam as well. I have a rather funny idea so I hope it`s going to give me enough courage to actually make a game.