Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Composer looking to work on fantasy game

A topic by Downhill created Apr 21, 2022 Views: 102 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 3

Hello! I'm a musician  who loves zork and other early fantasy text adventure games.

I'm currently making a lot of fantasy ambient/dungeon synth/Midi-folk recently, and I'm looking to compose for a fantasy text adventure for ParserComp.

Also, I have some minimal experience with Inform 7, but I don't think I can pull my full weight on the writing/programming front

here are some examples of my work:

Submitted

I haven't started on my ParserComp entry yet, as I'm working on a couple of games for the Text Adventure Literacy Jam 2022. For ParserComp, I will probably finish one of my incomplete games. The potential candidates do not have a fantasy theme. I will probably use PunyInform, so I can't incorporate any music anyway.

I plan to do a game set in feudal Japan later this year. The instruments in your two sample tunes sounded very Japanese to me. I don't want to commit to anything yet, as that game isn't even started, but I was tentatively thinking of a short theme tune at the start and a soft, non-irritating background loop of a minute or so in duration (to minimise the file size) to play during the game. Is that something you would be interested in?

Host

Hi Garry,

Your games are always exceptional.  I enjoy PunyInform, it has added a new dimension to I6. 

Thank you, Jeff

Submitted

It's nice of you to say so. I really appreciate it.

Host

Downhill,

Your music for background is very nice. I do hope you are able to enter a game in this competition. If you are unable to complete the game for this comp, there a several others throughout the year. 

Best of luck, Jeff