Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Fair submission matter

A topic by copet80 created Mar 07, 2022 Views: 270 Replies: 9
Viewing posts 1 to 5
Submitted

Hello, I'd like to get your thoughts on the matter of fairness of my submission. A participant had enquired if I would be allowed to fairly submit some tracks that I have done prior to the jam start due to some family commitments. Please read my justification here and let me know what you think?

https://itch.io/post/5559015

My submission page is here:

https://itch.io/jam/ost-composing-jam-crunchtime/rate/1429810#post-5559015

Submitted

Why would you submit tracks made before the jam? The whole point is to make something in the specified time according to a specific theme.
If you weren't able to do it, why not just wait till the next one? This isn't a show and tell...

Submitted (1 edit)

Yeah I want to make something within the time limit, but unfortunately I just can't do it during the day itself. I would wait for the next one, but no guarantee the timing will suit me again haha, as I had a lot of things going on with family at the moment. But I want to compose for a purpose, and I think participating in a jam like this would push my limit better than if I do something on my own without any purpose. I do agree this is not show and tell, but I also see it as a great opportunity to get feedback and learn from others.

Submitted

There are a lot of other music competitions all the time if you don't mind remixing someone else's track

Submitted

Noted with thanks :)

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

I don't see an issue with it, it was made in under 48 hours (significantly less so)
Even if it was made before the jam started, it's still in good spirit, right? It sounds fine to me

Submitted

I was hoping this to be the case when I did it :) Thanks for your encouraging words.

Submitted (1 edit)

-- UPDATE --

I've reached out to the organiser and got a kind green light response.

Submitted

No issue with it whatsoever. If it was made in under 48hours, green light from me. 

Submitted

Thank you :)