Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Welcome to Optical Jam!

A topic by tdelarosa723 created Jun 22, 2018 Views: 186 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 6
HostSubmitted

Welcome developers! Thank you everyone for joining the Optical Jam 6. I hope to see some awesome games this month. Feel free to post your progress here

HostSubmitted

Day One - Coming up with a Concept

I had a few ideas for this theme. I started by simply writing down what I saw. Boat, Arrow, House, Raygun, Bouncepad. Then I start coming up with ideas. I had about 3 and 2 had the potential to be too big for only a week so I went with the simpler one.

HostSubmitted (1 edit)

Day 02 - Quickly Blocking Out A Prototype

I try to do this as quickly as possible so I can get the feel of the game and determine if it's going to be fun. Here I played with player control, physics tweaking, particles and trails. As you can see, I couldn't help but goof off towards the end of the video. I am already having tons of fun 

HostSubmitted (1 edit)

Day 03 - Adding in Enemies and a Score Counter

This was the last day with mechanic tests before working on better art and graphics (which you will see tomorrow hopefully). I am not too satisfied about some of the physics bugs I am running into but I must move on. I will fix as I go. But by day three, I try to have a game that you can play without restarting the application.  Here is my son and I having some fun with this version of the game

HostSubmitted

Day 04 - Life Happens

There is always one day in the week where getting work done is nearly impossible. Life finds a way to get in the way. So day four, I had the opportunity away from the computer to brainstorm ideas and re-scope my project. I was able to sketch out a few concepts so I can start modeling for day 5. 

HostSubmitted

Last Hour Everyone! Start to get those submissions in ASAP! Good Luck!