Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

How to submit your Asset for the jam! PLEASE READ BEFORE STARTING! Sticky

A topic by Renoki created Aug 30, 2020 Views: 347 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 4
HostSubmitted (1 edit)

Hey all, Thanks a ton for the interest in the jam, it's happening in a few weeks and to get things moving I'd like everyone to send me their asset(s).

Please note that in order to participate in the jam I'll need atleast 1 asset from you before the jam begins.
You can pass me the asset via Discord (Renoki#0782), or email me at contact@blastprogramming.com, whichever you prefer.

Make sure the asset in question is either made by you 100% or free to use (please tell me where you got it from)

Also, If anyone would like to stream all the submissions feel free to do so, and post your channel in the thread

Again, thanks for joining the jam, hope you have fun!

(+1)

Define "asset".

The question I have is something like, "Can I use the unity standard first-person camera", or, "Does adding generic objects like cubes and planes in the scene count as assets". 

Just checking...

HostSubmitted

Yes!

You can use unity's standard assets, scripts, and build things out of primitives (cubes, spheres, etc) if needed, feel free.

Apologies if the rules seem "loose", its meant to be a relaxing jam. My only rule is that you use atleast 5 of the assets from the mystery box as well as handing in one of your own before the jam starts. But yeah, feel free to use the standard stuff Unity comes it

(+1)

Cool! That answers my question. So I can still write my own scripts, just sol long as I use the stuff provided. By the way, I sent you a couple models to use. If they dont work, would you let me know?

HostSubmitted

They work, I just imported them to a unity project to check, you're all good

By the way, I am now finding out that I do not actually have the time to make something for this jam, so I will not be submitting anything. Sorry