sw1tch is a puzzle game. in sw1tch, you play a small ball.
you navigate rooms by pressing buttons which reveal some parts of the room and hide others.
it's made with rpgmaker and will be available for windows for sure, ports if i got time (if i don't get them done by jam time, i'll try after)
i decided to use the basic looks of another game i've got shelved right now (blok), using solid colors for the layout and simple graphics for things that really need it. while i want to learn to use spritesheets better and make art too, this lets me really just do the simplest work on the tilesets and focus on the game logic. (and music and sound effects, which idk quite where to start yet there)
i also want to work with readability. accessibility is important to me in games, so i enjoy using different colors to guide goals, and try to work with things that are easy to see (for low vision), and systems that are challenging but not too difficult / easy enough to learn.
above are images from the tutorial, which is complete! (link to a lil gif)
i'm working on some neat things you can unlock by completing levels. not quite sure how much on that front will be included since my priority is churning out a bunch of levels at this point. i have three done so far.
stuff to do: (list made on day 1.5 or jan 6 @3pm)
- cut out the start+esc menu done, jan 6 pm - add saving/loading system done, jan 6 pm - finish new game intro done, jan 6 pm - make and add 1switch sounds, 2dialogue box sounds, 3between levels sounds done b4 the 14th
theme sound? background music? done b4 the 14th - upload tutorial for demo (?) [not doing for 1st release]
- make more prizes / add system for accessing prizes (?) [not doing for 1st release]
- clean up walk cycle [not doing for 1st release. it looks fine]
new priority list:
- game end screens
- re-color test/alterations
- event clean up, maps/files clean up
- test uploading
- one more level?