Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Acceleration

A topic by Zorito1 created Jul 25, 2023 Views: 245 Replies: 9
Viewing posts 1 to 7
Submitted(+2)

I'm making a top down game where the player constantly accelerates making the game more difficult over time. However, there are power ups that may help you by slowing you down. To stick with the jam's theme, they are on a cycle which could mean they are useless or speed you up! 

So far I have a map I am OK with, a player and power ups with a fully functioning cycle.

I think this sounds fun and I might do another devlog.

Submitted

Sounds interesting? Have you thought about other types of powerups?

Submitted

Sounds like a great idea , looking forward to seeing your progress with this. A crazy idea for a power up, one that inverts the controls for a set amount of time (I.e. left would be right, up is down and so on)

Submitted

Good idea! 

I was also thinking of maybe adding a power up that is completely random.

Submitted

That would be awesome. Looking forward to playing this

Submitted

Progress update:

Today (and yesterday), I added a score counter that I basically copied from another (unfinished) game I'm making and this thing a bit like a clock that tells you what power up is currently active. I made a title screen with an animation of the player crashing at the start.

I'm planning to maybe update the power up cycle, add an in-game tutorial and add music (my friend is doing the music).

Submitted

Another progress update:

I didn't do much today except play test and change the title on the title screen from acceration (I love my brain). 

Submitted

Sometimes it just doesn't happen, at least you managed to get some play testing done. I like your tutorial idea

Submitted

Screenshot of player in construct editor.

Submitted

I SUBMITTED MY GAME

After a week and a couple of days of hard work, I submitted my game. 

Please play it.

Thanks to everyone who gave ideas or even just looked at my devlog.