Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Dream Line [ FINISHED ]

A topic by Unknown created Jul 03, 2022 Views: 1,151 Replies: 38
Viewing posts 1 to 20 of 25 · Next page · Last page
Submitted (2 edits) (+2)

Day 1 - You as player are going to hospital to look for your friend that currently on hospital, But on your way there, an earth quake happen and you fall deep. You doing platforming ( With some mechanic like dashing, wall climb, etc. ) But you also have to keep your health as it get worse and worse the longer you spend time ( because you just fall like 10 miles far ), so that where Healing introduce i like to have the player encourage to keep moving and using healing mechanic which is just an item that you can pick ( i will change it later when i have better idea ), and also i will have a different difficulty ( w/o using healing mechanic ). The platforming will be dynamic ( a vertical,horizontal,diagonal platforming ). The game will have little bit story and also a plot twist. Also the game will focused on momentum.

Nice original idea! Some suggestions: Maybe at first when  the player falls, the characters is severely hurt and has limited jump height and movement speed. After some progress when he picks up "bandages" (healing items), his speed and jump increases and by the end of the game, it can do more special movement like double jumping.

Submitted

I like that idea, but that will make the game boring at first. I will changed it a bit. If the player health is below certain number (ex. <50 ) then the player will have lower jump height & Slow speed. Which makes the platforming harder. Also thanks for the Suggestion.

Submitted (4 edits) (+1)

Day 2 - Got some basic mechanic, etc The video are laggy Because my laptop can’t handle recording, but overall game is playable.<

Nice progress so far. I saw the video and saw that the player can move back. So I thought how about "healing stations" instead of "healing items"? Items are usually one time pickups but healing stations are permanent. This can also be used as checkpoint for saving the progress.

In the video at the end of the stage, when the player has to jump+dash the obstacles, he may fall into the pit. He can quickly jump and climb the wall and go back and heal himself and then come back and try again.

Submitted

healing station ? THAT A GOOD IDEA !!!. and also all dirt with grass are climbable and the one that doesn’t have grass are not climbable. I will try to change you suggestion into a code be right back…

Submitted

WHich one you guys prefer ? Style 1 Style 2

Submitted (1 edit)

Changed Map Design + New level First Second Third Fourth Fifth Note : There are 12 Layer, Every Layer have 4 Level each. There will be an improvement in visual.

Submitted(+1)

Day 3 - Just Making Another Level note : there are 40 stage total, 24 stage done 16 more

I see you went with grey blocks instead of dirt and grass blocks. Do you have any plans to prevent making it very repetitive? Maybe changing the blocks silhouettes every couple of stages?

Submitted

Yes i did change the silhouettes in every stages to be more different than other, also all 40 Level are done.

Submitted (1 edit)

Day 4 - Long story short, Restarted My Laptop Over 30 Times to get Lightning Work for the ambient. And my laptop just can’t handle it. But don’t be sad because i will try to add it in another way. Currently working on Graphic visual.. Completed: Level

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

Got some working Lightning

if you can’t handle the smoothness of the video here I Could try add some FireFly for the ambient, but nope i don’t wanna to restart my laptop over 30 times again that it’s for now..

It is very nice looking with lighting added! Now I am curios about the main character sprite?

Submitted

The character sprite is my main problem, as i don’t have enough experience on that, it could be a stickman or even worse a block. But i will try my best to create a decent sprite.

I see, maybe post a listing here for an artist? I am sure there are lots of artist looking to expand their portfolio. Your game is looking so good and it would be a loss if its main character to be a stickman!  

Submitted

That a good way to get the character sprite. But i also probably can make it too, i like a simpler and clean character and that easy to make, so i could probably use my own sprite. Also Thanks for the suggestion.

Submitted

This looks like it's really cool. Very atmospheric.
I can't seem to get the videos to work. 

Looking forward to seeing it

The atmosphere looks amazing! cant wait to see what else you got!

Submitted

This look super cool !

Nice

Submitted

Day 5 -

Not much changed To be honest i didn’t do any thing about the gameplay. just adding some sound.

Host

Whoa I love how the lighting added a lot! If your laptop can handle it I'd love to see how it plays in motion. If video is too hard I sometimes just use gif capturing programs--screen to gif is my typical goto? Either way looking great so far--awesome to see so much tutorialization.

Submitted(+1)

I tried the gif but the result are the same, laggy. Thanks for the Suggestion. Yea i love the lighting too, even intel HD can handle that at around 30+fps…

Submitted

Added sound and bringing life to the game. Also here some gameplay at 10fps average.

The red thing that follow the player are scarf, i add it in a cheap way to get the scarf effect XD. I also can do it on animation but i think it would be better and easy to do it with the game engine. i tried using the game engine but it just dropped my average fps to 3 so no i guess. Here the animation btw

Also that “could be” the main character.

Submitted

looks like it's coming along well. Can't believe you got all those levels finished already. May I ask, and sorry of I missed it. What engine are you using?

Submitted

I used construct for the game engine why ?

Submitted

I was just curious because you were talking about it

Submitted

Day 6 -

Just Researching and learning new from internet, But i do add some little detail and one of them are “ Water dripping from the pipe “..

Just gotta add some little detail before i make another mode where you need to heal in order to stay alive.

Your game looks better then Mine All I did was make a Rage platformer this was the game

https://stickmaniart.itch.io/superduckgame

Submitted

You can make your game better too. Only if you dont just submit it after you done making it…

Submitted (1 edit)

There something missing in my game i wonder what is it…..

Submitted

Day 7 -

Basically in day 7, what im doing is just take a break and do some gamin. Nothing changed except i do a little experiment to get the scarf working but it didn’t work. so either i have to animate it or just dont use it at all. That would be tommorow problem…

Submitted (2 edits) (+2)

Got the character Animation + Model

Walking Animation

Running Animation

Jump Animation

Idle Animation

Dash State

Climb State

Atleast it better than the last charater…. Also the speed shown above are probably will be different in game.

Also i didn’t include the scarf it not worth it. but i could make it and be in the game…

Viewing posts 1 to 20 of 25 · Next page · Last page