Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Just your average devlog

A topic by MiceOrMouses created Jul 03, 2022 Views: 256 Replies: 13
Viewing posts 1 to 12
Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

Hello! Uhmm, I don't really know how to do devlogs... I guess I'll just start with the idea.

Following the adventures of "Mr. Boy" (Go check my first game) Karl gets bitten by a radioactive racoon and Mr. Boy and Widget  have to adventure to the top of "Mt. Pieldretop" to find a flower that can cure Karl.

Sounds a bit dumb so I'll see how long this can take me. I'll be using Unity for the first time to make my game so it'll be a new experience for me since I usually use Godot.

Day 1

Just figuring out the basics and how to do stuff since I forgot almost everything about Unity. I do have a moving character working but I'm going to need a lot more than that. I kinda got lazy here so that's all for day 1.

Day 2

Welp, just like I said, this did not take me that far. I think I'm going to give up on this idea. It just doesn't have enough creativity in it to make it interesting enough to play and I've already made a platformer game. I've done some decent progress into it so I suppose I've wasted about 2 days into this game. I guess I'm back to the drawing board and I'll just try to think of another idea.

Submitted(+1)

Day 3

Alright, I've come up with an ok idea and done some decent progress.

It's basically a tower defense game where you play as the attacker and use your own healing turrets and tools to push further through the level.

Pretty standard but at least I have something, right? Maybe, idk. I will note I have changed my game engine to the Godot engine because I'm too scared (bad) to try and use Unity.

Made the important stuff except the actual freaking thing that makes the game beatable (win condition). So that'll be interesting. More stuff will have to be added though so this is a far cry from finished.

This image shows what the game currently looks.

Nothing much as of now, so hopefully I can get some actual progress into this tomorrow.

But for now, good night. Or day. Or afternoon.

Cool idea. You should add more type of healing towers. For example one tower can heal small amount but over area (AOE) or another one can  heal much more but over time to one single character.

Really interesting idea, a big twist on a classic tower defense!

Good luck with your project!

Submitted

Great work, that looking super good hope you will finish your project, continue !

Submitted

Day 4 (currently day 5 because I forgot to write devlog yesterday)

Wasn't able to do much today because I was doing other things, but I was able to make another type of healing building, polished a few features and added a health bar to the enemies base. Hopefully I can do more work today.

Well that's all for today (which is now yesterday). Good luck to all of you and I hope we all have a game or at least a prototype at the end of the jam :D

Submitted

Day 5 (Currently Day 6 because I FORGOT TO WRITE THE LOG YESTERDAY AGAIN. Anyways)

Didn't do much. (As usual) Busy with other stuff which made it hard to focus on actually making the game. I should really start thinking about this jam if I wanna finish this game so I'll try my best to stay motivated to actually make progress on the game lol. I was able to add a sprite for the enemy base at least. But other than that, I've done nothing productive to this project.

Welp, that's all for today. Good evening, or day, or afternoon, or whatever time it is right now.

Host

Oh this is such a neat concept! I don't think I've seen anyone else take on the "heal" theme with a tower defense--this is really clever! Love seeing the progress so far, can't wait to see it in motion!

Submitted

Thanks! Although don't expect much, I'm not really good with balancing and making games interesting

Submitted

Day 6

Added a new type of tower (basically the heal gun but smol) and a new entity (troop? Soldier? Idk). Nothing interesting really but at least I can get some progress into the game.

Welp, that's all for today. Good night, or afternoon, yeah, you already know the other parts.

Submitted

Day 7 - I have no idea

Welp, I've basically completely neglected this game (since I thought it would be a great idea to join ANOTHER jam). But also because I've been having doubts whether the game will be fun enough or interesting enough to continue making. But I'll try my best to stay focused and not procrastinate.

Submitted

Day I'VE LOST COUNT SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME

Working on the title screen and possibly a tutorial (sadly, it isn't interactive). Also added achievements to spice up the game and have some extra motivation to play. Nothing else really interesting. So I guess that's all for now.

Welp, that's it. Good luck to others and hopefully, you won't be as lazy as me.

Submitted

Day 13 maybe I'm still not sure

Did a BUNCH of progress on the game. So I'll try to list down all of them

• Added a win and lose screen
  • Finished the Main menu
  • Fixed a bug where the heal tower wouldn't heal units properly
  • Added a timer to the game so you can't just do nothing for 6 days
  • Just did some polishing
  • Added an achievement showcase thing (You know, the game shows what achievement you got when you get it) (Does this make any sense?)

Yeah, I might have exaggerated a little bit when I said "a BUNCH" but still, I'm pretty proud of my progress and I'll probably submit the game sooner or later. I will say, I had a pretty good time on this jam and I could have probably made the game better if I hadn't been lazy and ignored the game for a few days.

Welp, That's basically it. I'm pretty much done. The only thing I can do now I guess is pray there isn't a game breaking bug that ruins the game. Alright then, good night, day, noon to you person who is reading this devlog and I'll... Uhh... I suppose I'll just stop typi

Submitted (1 edit)

Congrats on finishing, I think we all were lazy and ignored our games for a few days, don't feel bad!!