Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Making An Idle Game (Productive Player) *Completed*

A topic by CatAClock created Jul 10, 2020 Views: 394 Replies: 9
Viewing posts 1 to 10
Submitted (1 edit) (+3)

I'm very happy to be here! I see everyone else doing a devlog, so lets do that!

As usual, I will be making my game in unity. I will focus on making a downloadable version. No web versions. The game I am going to make is an idle game.

This part is made from text, but I will do the later devlogs out of a video format.

Here are some goals: I want to have at least 15 minutes of gameplay. I want to finish a game so I can get into a mindset to finish multiple games in the future.

Keep In mind I am learning Unity more and more every day! I, also, have never made an idle game before.

Submitted

Best of luck to all of you tomorrow! Hope you all have amazing ideas! (I have no idea if mine is good :/)

Submitted (1 edit)

First day, lots of progress done!

Edit: I forgot to mention that I will be putting more materials in the game. This day was setting up the basics (and some extras because I did the basics in a few hours)

Submitted(+1)

First demo is out! Feedback please :D

Host(+1)

hey nice progress so far! i feel like menus tend to get left til the end of a jam so this is great stuff so far. best of luck for the rest of the jam!

Submitted

Day 2 Is here! Still a lot to do, I might be done by week one...

Submitted

I have learned a lot about making games. My first lesson since joining this game jam was about time management. My second lesson I just learned is to not overwork yourself.

Just Like Jonas Tyroller said, "If you overwork yourself, you will have less motivation."

So I made a little bit of progress for the second half of my game. I got plenty of time. No video for today because there isn't much to report on.

Submitted (3 edits) (+1)

ALLLLLLLRIGHT! I AM BAAAAAAACK!!!! I feel much better now. Now I made a second demo :D

You can get it here

Also I have no idea why it is always 25 Megabytes...

Also Also for the people who downloaded the demo and saw the bug where you get millions with a couple of clicks, I fixed that as well as made an ending.

Also Also Also 

Submitted (1 edit)

Nothing new, taking a break to learn something new :D

Edit: Almost done, just need to do a few more things ;) 

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

It is the 6th day. My game Is just finished. I will not be updating it anymore. This Jam is fun. I have learned a lot about coding and a lot of lessons. I do hope you enjoy my game. The game is called Productive Player. It is very addicting. Hopefully this isn't the last Game Jam that I do.

edit: Link